Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Smiths Deal

So, I seriously scored at Smith's today- it was a FaNtAsTiC trip-

Smith's is having their Quaker Sale this week which is Buy 5 items (Life Cereal, Captain Crunch cereal or Instant Oatmeal) at $2.00 each, you will get $5.00 taken off, making them 5/$5.00. Now, I had 10 $1.00 off instant oatmeal coupons that I had gotten from a previous oatmeal deal. (They were peelies on the box, but there was a manufacture's coupon to get the sale, so I ended up with a whole bunch of extra coupons that I have been holding onto)

Anyhow, the ad says limit one $5.00 discount per transaction, but when I went to the store, people were carting out BOXES and CASES of cereal, so apparently that was not enforced. The Smith's that I go to is so coupon friendly and nice that I just asked and they said that I could get as many as I wanted. 

So here is what I got~

~10 Quaker Instant Oatmeals $1.00 Each, Used 10 $1/1 coupons
~2 7-Up's $1.00 Each, Used 2 $1/1 printable coupons (no longer available)
~2 Fiber One Yogurts $2.50 each. I had a Buy One Get One Free Coupon, and a $1/1 coupon (from the Eat Better America coupon book that I got in the mail) 
PLUS I use Shortcuts, and CellFire (Which if you are not familiar with them, you sign up and enter your Smith's Rewards card number, and when you go to Smiths, it will automatically take off the coupons that you load onto your card when you purchase those items)  and with both of then I had had a $1/1 Fiber One Yogurt, so it took an additional $2.00 off those. 
~3 Mission brand corn tortilla's  on sale for $1.39 each, Used the .75/1 coupon from the SS 3/7
~3 Betty Crocker Pouch Potatoes on sale for $.84 each- I had a .40/1 from Shortcuts.
~4 McCormick Grillmates Seasonings on sale for $1/1, Used 4 $1/1 printable coupon (no longer available) 
~1 Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa- $2.49- I used a coupon I got from Smith's for a Free Box
~1 Wheat Thins $2.50, I used a coupon I got from Smith's for a Free Box.

I used the self checkout (since those were the only lines open) but gave my coupons after I scanned everything to the checker lady 

Total before Fresh Values Card  $78.86
Total After Fresh Values Card $28.52
Total AFTER coupons, and a $3.00 Catalina Coupon from a previous potato transaction

 $1.37

Yep. I paid $1.37 for all of that, PLUS I got another $3.00 Catalina Coupon, and they also have a deal when you buy 10 participating items, you get a code that you can enter for either 15 free music downloads, 15 free ringtones, or a free movie ticket. My total savings was 99% ~SCORE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment